Happy first day of S P R I N G!
I decided to start off my first official blog post by introducing you to my little skin care regimen I’ve been doing the last few weeks, and have noticed a HUGE difference in my skin ever since.
For those who don’t know, over the past year and half I’ve been trying to significantly improve my fitness by… attempting to… eat healthier and go to the gym every morning (well, almost every morning) before work with my in-house personal trainer & boyfriend. I’ve also just recently taken up yoga and cut out a lot of carbs in my diet. Safe to say with all these lifestyle changes I’ve been making, I’ve lost quite a bit of weight.
One thing I noticed though, even though I’m losing the weight, I’m finding my skin isn’t as tight as I’d like it to be. Nothing major and probably not even noticeable to anyone except myself, but we are always our own biggest critics, right?
I found a holy grail regimen that, even after the first application, has made a significant improvement in my skin and really helped to tighten everything up that I’ve been working ever so hard on.
Skin brushing, coffee grind scrub and coconut oil.
Three ingredients are all you need!
Some coffee grind, taken straight from the coffee filter out of my coffee machine (note: before you chuck the gross coffee filter and grinded beans, keep that, that’s what you need!)
Some Coconut Oil (preferably organic, and in the solid form)
And a skin/body brush! I found this one at Winners, but you can literally find these anywhere, including the dollar store.
- Before you get in the shower, start off by brushing your skin in circular motions TOWARDS your heart. Key tip, you want the blood to flow up to your heart. Keep that in mind when figuring out what direction to brush in.
- Brush until your skin goes a bit red. This is good, means you’re really massaging and getting the blood flowing. Get your stomach, arms, and butt (yaas girl work that booty) or wherever else you feel you need to tighten and tone.
- Get in a hot shower and bring the coffee grind with you.
- Repeat the same process as step 1, only this time, use the coffee grind instead of the brush. Massage the coffee into your skin (warning, this gets really messy, which is why I like to do it in the shower), and rinse off with warm water when finished.
- Continue showering as you normally would. Once finished and out of the shower, apply coconut oil right away to your skin.
Voila! You should notice a huge difference in the way your skin looks and feels, even after the first try! It’s a great way to exfoliate as well, and leaves your skin glowing and tight, ready to tackle the spring and summer seasons.
Try it out and let me know what you think!